After a very different 18 months for volunteering at akt we are now entering an exciting phase with the volunteer programme as we start to look out our 5 year strategy. Post-pandemic we are looking to re-engage with volunteers, continue supporting and rewarding our existing cohort and start to set up some exciting new roles and bring onboard some great new volunteer talent. This role will be instrumental in ensuring that volunteers at akt have a fantastic experience, feel well-connected within the organisation and valued in their role. You will also be responsible for supporting volunteers through the onboarding process from initial enquiry, interviewing, induction and getting them set up in their role.
- Provide general administrative support to the volunteer programme
- Manage proactive advertising of akt volunteer opportunities e.g. local volunteer centres, national volunteering brokerage websites and through partner organisations
- Work with the communications team to ensure all information about volunteering opportunities is upto-date e.g. akt website, social media etc.
- Manage volunteering inbox and answer volunteeringrelated enquiries
- Work with VPM on volunteer onboarding process e.g., booking interviews and inductions and sending reference requests for volunteer applicants
- Collate and create content for monthly volunteer newsletter
- Manage volunteer data, ensuring it is up to date
- Collate volunteer data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Work with VPM to reengage volunteers who have been unable to volunteer during Covid-19
- Work with the VPM to promote volunteering at akt internally and externally
Essential skills and interests
Whilst we are not looking for any specific qualifications or work experience, we will be looking for evidence of the following in your application:
- an interest in volunteering, and/or working in the non-profit sector.
- strong written and verbal communications skills.
- willingness and ability to learn and develop new skills.
- can work well both as part of a team and autonomously.
- understanding of Microsoft office 365 (eg. word, excel and powerpoint).
We are recruiting candidates on a rolling basis. This means we will be checking applications regularly and interviewing candidates who we believe meet our criteria. We therefore recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
This article originally appeared on https://careers.akt.org.uk/job/225890