Make road trips more thrilling with our abundance of fun and useful car gadgets. From a backup power station to an inflatable truck tent, we have everything you need right here.
Road trips involve a lot of time behind the wheel, which can quickly become draining. Not to mention that your devices’ batteries can soon drain while food is likely to spoil on long journeys. Fortunately, we have all the must-have car gadgets and accessories to prevent these hiccups and make your journey more of a breeze.
Related: The best travel backpacks for summer 2021
In today’s article, we have some must-have car gadgets and accessories to keep you safe on the road with a smart driving assistant that features drowsiness detection. For those extra-long journeys when you want to pull over and get some shut-eye, we have a choice of in-car tents to choose from. Discover all the car essentials below.
1. The Bluebox Co-pilot smart driving assistant is a car gadget that detects drowsiness, provides engine diagnosis, and monitors the interior and exterior of your car.
Bluebox Co-pilot in a car
Feel safer on the roads when you have the Bluebox Co-pilot smart driving assistant. This car accessory is more than just a dashcam; it tracks your mileage, allowing you to categorize your routes for tax purposes. Moreover, it includes 1,080p cameras, so you’ll always remain protected during your long trips.
Preorder this smart driving assistant on Kickstarter for $169.
2. Get ice-cold storage with the Dometic CFX3 55IM smart cooler. This car must-have fits up to 83 cans and has a color display that clearly shows the temperature.
Dometic CFX3 55IM in a trunk
Keep food and drinks fresher for longer during road trips with the Dometic CFX3 55IM smart cooler. This cooler doesn’t require any ice while keeping treats colder for longer. Additionally, it boasts Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, so you can control and monitor the temperature via the app.
Order this smart cooler for $1,100.
3. Rest easy once you’ve reached your destination with the Redtail Overland Redtail RTC vehicle top camper. It’s a luxury car tent with windows, a power bank, and more.
Redtail Overland Redtail RTC on a car’s roof
Ditch cold, uncomfortable tents and replace them with the Redtail Overland Redtail RTC vehicle top camper. Uniquely, it attaches to your car’s roof, so you can turn any location into a vacation. Above all, its cutting-edge style looks luxurious, while its interior features dimmable LED lighting and even a power bank.
Treat yourself to this luxury car accessory from $19,500.
4. Camp anywhere when you have the AMC X HEIMPLANET Collaboration WOLF+ TRUCK and CLOUDBREAK TENT. It seats up to 4 passengers.
AMC X HEIMPLANET Collaboration WOLF+ TRUCK and CLOUDBREAK TENT fully extended
Superior and luxurious, road trips don’t get any better than with the AMC X HEIMPLANET Collaboration WOLF+ TRUCK and CLOUDBREAK TENT. This electric vehicle provides up to 275 miles on a single charge. Meanwhile, the integrated tent includes Bluetooth connectivity, a premium sound system, and more.
The release date and price for this truck and tent have yet to be announced.
5. The MessageCar in-car smartphone audio device reads text messages aloud while you’re driving. So you’ll never miss an important notification on the road.
MessageCar in a car’s USB port
For long road trips, the MessageCar in-car smartphone audio device is a must-have. It connects to your car’s USB port and reads aloud notifications while you’re driving, so you won’t ever be tempted to glance at your smartphone’s screen. It’s one of our favorite must-have car gadgets for everyday use, too.
Preorder this from Kickstarter for $29.64.
6. Conveniently scan through music, podcasts, and more on your road trips with the Spotify Car Thing smart music player. It also includes voice control for easier usability.
Spotify Car Thing on a car dashboard
Enhance family road trips with the Spotify Car Thing smart music player. This in-car device responds to your voice so that you can focus on the road ahead without any distractions. Furthermore, its high-resolution screen clearly shows you upcoming tracks to keep you in the loop.
Purchase this smart music player for $79.99. The release date has to be released.
7. Make road trips cozy with the Luno Vehicle Air Mattress 2.0. It comfortably sleeps 2 people and fits into your luggage once deflated.
Luno Vehicle Air Mattress 2.0 with a person
Stop spending money on hotels when you have the Luno Vehicle Air Mattress 2.0. It’s durable enough to withstand pets, pine needles, and more. Get the choice of inflating one bed or one large bed, making it ideal for both couple and solo ventures.
Order this car mattress for $329.99.
8. Completely transform your vehicle for camping with the GentleTent USA GT Pickup inflatable truck tent. It provides a sleeping and living area for more than 2 people.
GentleTent USA GT Pickup on a vehicle
Get more adventurous on your road trips with the GentleTent USA GT Pickup inflatable truck tent. Designed to integrate onto your truck, it boasts a 140 by 220 cm sleeping area with a height over 220 cm for a home-like experience. It’s also weather-resistant and has a low weight of 27 kg.
Purchase this inflatable truck tent for $3,781.03.
9. Charge laptops, smartphones, and even electrical vehicles with the BLUETTI EP500 backup power station. This car gadget is great for power outages, too.
BLUETTI EP500 outside
Power up your devices with the BLUETTI EP500 backup power station. Its integrated app makes it super easy to control and use, and there’s no installation involved. Moreover, it includes 15 outlet sources with a variety of ports, making it highly versatile.
Treat yourself to this backup power station from Indiegogo for $3,199.
10. Keep your friends and groups in touch with the Garmin Tread powersport off-road GPS. This car gadget can track up to 20 riders and has a push-to-talk microphone.
Garmin Tread in someone’s hand
Finally, the Garmin Tread powersport off-road GPS is for those adventurous road trips. It’s designed for all-terrain use and boasts an IPX7 water-resistant rating along with thermal and shock resistance. Moreover, its 5.5-inch screen is suitable to use at night or in direct sunlight.
Purchase this off-road GPS for $799.99.
With these must-have car gadgets and luxury accessories, your time on the road is about to get more exciting. What are your go-to car accessories? Share your recommendations in the comments.
Want more tech news, reviews, and guides from Gadget Flow? Follow us on Apple News, Google News, Feedly, and Flipboard. If you use Flipboard, you should definitely check out our Curated Stories. We publish three new stories every day, so make sure to follow us to stay updated!
The Gadget Flow Daily Digest highlights and explores the latest in tech trends to keep you informed. Want it straight to your inbox? Subscribe
Amy Poole is an Editor and Writer at Gadget Flow. When she’s not indulged in everything gadget-related, she enjoys spending time with her dog, Rosie, and keeping fit.
This article originally appeared on https://thegadgetflow.com/blog/must-have-car-gadgets-and-accessories-for-road-trips/